Job Developer (Clermont County) Job Description
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Job Developer is responsible for providing job placement assistance, job development, job training, and case management to individuals preparing to move into community development and reports to the Manager, Clermont County.
- Be flexible – must be able to work a variety of hours, including weekends.
- Have full-body range of motion and physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have a valid driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must receive an acceptable background check, including police check.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with employers, referral sources, and trainees on an individual basis, as well as in a group setting. Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field, such as Psychology, Social Work, or Sociology, with two years of relevant work experience. Would also consider Associate’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications with at least three years of related work experience.
- Develop and maintain individualized employment plans.
- Provide job development services to all individuals referred for community employment.
- Consult with other Easter Seals staff to determine participant’s strengths and limitations.
- Prepare, submit, and present progress and final reports. Record other data in accordance with agency policy.
- Assist individuals in developing job seeking skills and abilities via mock job interviews, completing sample applications, cold call potential employers, and proper dress.
- Conduct Job Club for Competitively Placed.
- Maintain records of all employer contacts.
- Participate and/or conduct job development presentations to area employers.
- Conduct worksite and task analysis.
- Schedule and conduct tours of various area businesses.
- Be familiar with community resources and alternative programs.
- Have working knowledge of a broad variety of entry-level occupations.
- Provide follow-up services to trainees and area employers.
- Provide hands-on training in the community as needed.
- Perform Crisis Intervention and CPR/First Aid as needed.
- Perform other assignments as required.
Easter Seals TriState is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An acceptable pre-employment drug and background screen is required for all potential employees.
Interested candidates should direct a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify “Job Developer” in the subject line, or mail to 2901 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45206.